New to the page. I have a 2004 bobcat 331 that I purchased and am starting to regret buying a used machine lol. The alternator is not charging on the machine. I checked all the fuses they are good. Checked belt tension and had alternator tested good. This alternator has 2 wires coming off the alternator that are not in a connector but are just 2 separate wires that have terminal ends plugged on to the alternator. Im not sure which wire is supposed to go on which terminal on the alternator. One has power all the time the other wire has no power ever. I know this alternator needs a exciter wire to start charging but why is the other wire have 12 volts all the time? When should the exciter wire have power? I was told with the key on it should but it doesn't. The alternator will charge if I put the wire with 12v all the time on the one pin but it charges at like 15 volts and that seems to high. A wiring diagram would help a lot but I cant find one.
No replies yet.