Hello all-I'm working on a 334G Seial number234513479 that's stalling down. I've replaced all fuel filters and even tried a temporary fuel tank to eliminate the possibility trash on the supply hose and it keeps smothering down. It's intermittent as well. Sometimes it'll run perfect for an hour and then mess up over and over with no rhyme or reason. they bought a new fuel shutoff solenoid and it didn't help. My shop manual shows a computer of sorts that feeds the solenoid but the dealer here said it doesn't have one. The wiring schematic in my book shows it plain as day so someone is wrong.. Does anyone know if there's a stroke valve for the pump that may be causing it to go to full swash and kill the motor? I haven't really worked on these so I'm at a bit of a disadvantage experience wise. I'm going to remove the solenoid so it will run and the power feed to it will be eliminated as an issue. Any experience or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
UPDATE-Well. it's running better than it ever has now according to the owner. I put an electric fuel pump on it and bypassed the little lift pump completely and it went to work and hasn't missed a beat. I remembered one I did years ago that the lobe on the injector plunger cam wore down and the lift pump would not create enough volume and pressure to run right.So he's happy and so am I.