Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 337 bucket cylinder removal.

Bubba ยท 2013-07-08 21:22

Can anybody tell me how to remove the pins at the bucket in order to get the cylinder off to replace the seal kit. On one side the two pins looks like were factory welded to the linkage and on the other side it had lock rings. After I revoved the lock rings I removed the left side linkage and that when I found that it was welded. I attempted to knock the two pins out with the linkage but it feels like that there is something holding it. I don't see anything holding it but its got to be a trick that bobcat came up so that folks like me would give up and haul it in to Bobcat. "Help me if can fellows" I Thanks You. I would appreciate it if somebody would send me a picture on this problem ............ Bubba

Replies2
  1. #1The Learner2013-07-09 05:41

    can you upload a picture to show more clearly the problem i partly understand what the problem is just finding a solution is difficult when you cant see the problem

  2. #2Bubba2013-07-13 07:01

    Just wanted to let everybody that looked at this post that I finaly found the problem. Nothing to hold the pins in, Just had to knock the heck out of it to get it freed up. I guess it was a burr on one of the pins preventing it from moving. I just thought that bobcat put some kind of retainer inside the boom that had to be released to prevent from accidentaly losing the whole thing. Should have know that they don't care if you lose it or not, that another part that they get to sell to the owner.