Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 337 hydraulic want operate

Bubba ยท 2013-09-08 14:16

I was preparing my 337 to paint and moved it out of shop to pressure wash. After I finished I went to move it and now none of the hydraulic or drive motors will work. I checked all the fuses but I suspect I knocked a wire loose. I looked at all the wiring a didn't notice anything. Any suggestions as to what to do. I lowered the left control lever as required and still doesn't operate. I my have gotten water in a harness but don't know where to look. I appreciate any advise. Bubba

Replies6
  1. #1clintm2013-09-08 17:41

    one of your micro switches in your control levers is shorted or lose wire also check the control magnet on the pilot valve

  2. #2Bubba2013-09-08 18:38

    Thanks Clint I ain't much a bobcat mechanic but can u tell me where the pilot control valve is. Neither the travel levers or boom / bucket / swing levers work. There is a 3 wire plug that plugs into a mounted blank receptacle that I thought might be the problem.

  3. #3clintm2013-09-08 20:58

    on my 331 its way down under seat .had remove half of seat area just to get to just start tracing wires until you get to hyd valve also check to make sure that micro switches are working (check with volt meter)

  4. #4willie592013-09-08 21:24

    As clintm said, I wager it's one of the micro switches for the safety lockout. You know how you grab the red knob and raise the console to enter/exit the cab, when you raise that control console the micro switch locks out functions, when you drop the console, the switch turns on functions. Sounds like you have a problem with micro switch.

  5. #5Bubba2013-09-08 23:19

    Thanks Willie that what the problem was. When I was it I must had blown it out and the magnet wasn't making contact with switch. I just got it fixed about 10:45 here in Georgia. Thanks for your reply.

  6. #6willie592013-09-08 23:29

    Good to hear you got it sorted out Bubba. :drinkup