I’m posting on behalf of my brother who owns a landscape company. (I’m trying to get him to make an account here but in the meantime I’ll try to explain the problem). He has a recently purchased Bobcat 337 mini excavator, S/N 515442435. The previous owner appears to have done some “work” on the swing motor. However, either the motor or something near it is still leaking a fair amount of hydraulic oil. Today he noticed that the motor actually moves a small amount (an inch or less) independent of the machine when you swing in either direction. It swings smoothly and there is no perceptible play in the slew bearing. Any thoughts as to the source of this play in swing motor or where to start diagnosing it and the leak(s)?
Good day If vthat motor is moving around for sure you may be building up an expensiv repair, I suggest you take urgnt action to fix that movement. Kind regards Uffex