Bobcat 435 has an electric bug that is driving me crazy. There are two warning lights flashing in no particular sequence the first is the battery light and the second is the general warning light at times when these go off it will shut off the pilot pressure light resulting in a dead machine. I have traced wiring and found no shorts tested alternator and battery for both voltage and amperage no ill results. Now for the part where I and cheap the hour meter does not work and has not for some time so I cannot retrieve the codes without spending $1100 on a new one. My mechanic says spend the money and pull the codes this sucks for an intermittent problem. Any ideas out there?? Thank you.
Ok so I am going to stop being a cheapskate and ordered a new console for the machine. Will post back with the results.
I just saw this thread AT&SW. Just out of curiosity, even though you tested batter and alternator output, you might want to connect a volt meter, maybe a cheap automotive type meter, to the battery. Then when you're operating the machine and the battery light comes on, take a quick look at the volt meter and see what it's doing. If there's a problem with the machine wiring that's causing a temporary no charge situation, and even an electrical short on a main wire, it would drop the voltage at the battery temporarily. Such voltage drops would cause solenoids (such as pilot system) to quit working as well.
the general warning light you speak of is this the light that comes on after left console panel is lowered and locked in if so the micro switch under this panel could be causing some of your issues test its operation and function as well as adjustment it may be on the edge of adjustment and while shaking in operation it may be tripping and when you reset the panel problem is gone for a period
Ok to update I installed a the new console/computer in the machine and it immediately called for updated software to be downloaded bobcat did this for me for another small fee and the machine is happy once again. Ran it for three hours today with no problems. Thank you all.