Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 435 slow and weak travel

Jake Kraft ยท 2021-03-30 08:14

Hello again. My 2007 bobcat 435 has seemed like it has weak travel since I have owned it. It travels pretty straight, but struggles to turn in high or low. You can feel it shift from low to high, so I dont think its stuck in high. With the tracks in the air it free spins quickly, and it travels fast going down hill. The linkages from the travel controls all seem very clean and tight, so it does seem like a hydraulic issue somewhere. My manifold pressure is 3500 PSI at half throttle. I did put a gauge on the line feeding the track motor and it shows 2000-2500 PSI at full travel. Should it be higher? What other tests should I do or look at? THank you in advance for any help! Jake

Replies3
  1. #1uffex2021-04-01 15:29

    Good day Jake When you measured the track pressure was that with the line plugged or "T" connected ? Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2Jake Kraft2021-04-10 08:43

    Good morning uffex. The track line was plugged, with a test port directly on the line. Sorry for the late reply, I did not know you had responded. Thanks, Jake

  3. #3uffex2021-04-12 03:59

    Good day Jake From your thread it appears that you have a pressure loss, it is not at the motor but could be central joint or main valve - if there is no pressure loss with remaining circuits (Arm - Boom Ect ) the most probable cause is central joint. We have published a large information regarding weak crawlers if you go excatech.org > Library > common issues you can download or just read, it is safe and free. Kind regards Uffex