Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 435 swinging problems

mexicanic3 ยท 2014-05-04 14:07

I have a bobcat 435 that came in and when it swings to ether side it wants to stop. Let it sit for a minute or so and it will start to swing again. Does this machine have a swing brake on it. If so where? Thank you for your help

Replies6
  1. #1WhyWhyZed2014-05-04 18:35

    is the engine lugging somewhat when it stops? or just revving freely? swing brake is in the slew motor I believe and released by pilot pressure so you might start by checking your pilot pressure.

  2. #2Colorado Digger2014-05-04 19:10

    We have had both of our 435's suffer from this problem. I believe the problem is in the swing brake. I will pull the paperwork and parts report and send it over if you like. Just pm me. CD

  3. #3landtekk2014-08-04 20:59

    I just got through having problems with intermittent control issues and with using multiple functions. After changing all the filters, case drains and replacing the fluid it total refused to lift the boom or perform any thing that took power. The was a post that I reviewed over the weekend that mentioned a valve sticking on the pump controls that mimicked what I was experiencing. |took the adjustment nut off for the margin spool and sure enough it was stuck. I ended up taking the control off, taking it apart without messing with the adjustment ( I measured the threads and wrote that down) and cleaned and lubed the spools and blew everything out with air. I just put it back together and what a difference in response and quickness of the working group including the blade. The swing is back to being fairly quick and much stronger. 2500 hrs and multifunction is great. It has had this problem since spring and the machine does sit for long periods.... The swing brake could be your problem in your case but it is a 2 min operation to check if the spool is sticking.....good luck.

  4. #4Bosshoss852023-06-08 13:22

    im sorry if this is a stupid question but im having the same problem and im not sure where to find the nut that i need to take off in order to see if its stuck any help would be greatly appreciated

  5. #5Bosshoss852023-06-08 13:23

    can you send me the paper work and parts report your speaking of?

  6. #6uffex2023-06-09 07:53

    Good day The 435 appears to be out of the norm. According to the schematic the brake is spring released and pressure applied, activating the brake is via a small restriction 49. See attached Kind regards Uffex