I came across a Bobcat 442 machine and I am going to look at this weekend. Anyone got any positives or negatives about this machine? ~2500hrs on the machine. Anything I need to really take a look at when I am checking it out as far as parts common to wear or really expensive to replace? Thanks
If tracks have not been replaced, they need to soon... $2400 plus install... slow pain full job with only one machine as track are too heavy to do much by hand. Other than just check for play in pins and bushings.... Better bobcat mech guys than me login later in evening. Not sure on your budget or use...if u spring few bucks more m series machine with hydraulic quick attach is a must for me. But likely $$
I think the price on the excavator is pretty fair. $30k.. Seems to be better than the advertised prices on machinerytrader for other 442s. The use will be on the farm mainly with some side jobs probably but mainly just cleaning up fence rows and some small clearing and etc. What are the M series you are referring to? I see the E series but the same weight class seems much higher
Sorry...yes marketing people...pretty sure they refer to newer bobcat stuff: skidsteer and excavator as M series...but yes bobcat E32 I think comparable. If your using personal/farm use might not be worth $$.
I find mine to be very capable and while I would have preferred a new Kubota 080 I haven't won the lottery yet.
Bobcat 442 was built by Terex, also marketed by Ingersol Rand.
Sorta...it is actually built by Schaef in Germany. A company that Terex bought in 2001. Bobcat branded their TC75 as the 442 and their TC125 as the 444 although Bobcat didn't really bring the 12.5t machine into the US. I've sold plenty of 442s and they are typical German products...over built and very simple. Decent machines overall.
What year? With long production runs, machines get the kinks worked out. Search archives of these sites on 442. I recall there was one issue that cropped up with these german tanks. As general note, I would check out the bushing, idler and roller play. Also look at history of maintenance to ensure it was maintained. Hmm, fine day to knock down some trees...
this
I have a 442. Biggest p.o.s. we have ever owned. In the last year the dealer has had it more then we have. 8000 for a spool valve and as of right now we are at 4000 to have the pumps rebuilt but haven't got the final bill yet. This machine has 3000 hours.
Sorry to hear that an excellent machine is being represented by poor service.
Have had mine for about 2 1/2 years and no surprises so far touch wood lol.