I have a 2006 Bobcat 442 with 1600 hours. It has recently developed a problem that I can't figure out. It runs and operates fine but randomly the gauge panel will loose power for literally a second then come back on and the machine will run fine again. I am assuming it's losing power because all gauges will sweep back for a second when it does it then they come back up to where they should be. The machine never turns off it just looses all functions when it does it. I'm lost on this one. Has anyone ever dealt with this on these machines? Thanks for the help
Mine just started doing the same thing yesterday. I will look into it when I have time and let you know. I almost think it has to do with the left armrest. Mine does it when moving forward or backwards for a distance.
Fascinating, might want to clean all the fuses and relay contacts
Mine isn't the hydraulic lock. I jumped it and it still does it. I narrowed it down to a board problem. After cleaning all grounds, fuses, relays, etc. it still did it. There is one component on the board that I'm losing ground to that I'm not sure what it is. It loses ground whenever the machine does it. I did discover the big relay that's soldered on the board could possibly be bad. I can replicate the problem whenever I tap the relay with my knife. I took it to a computer repair tech in town and he put s new relay in. I am trying it tomorrow. Hopefully that is it. If not, then I'm back to square one. I don't think a relay should lose contact when tapped. It may not be the problem but it needed to be addressed aswell I assume. Any thoughts on the relay issue? Thanks
I've seen many cube relay failures, a little oxide gets on the power contacts and starts to heat them up, usually the spring in the contact holds but the cheap PE plastic of the housing melts and lets the contacts move away from each other, causing a dodgy connection fixed with a wiggle or a tap. Crack open the old relay. Some boards use screws with star washers for grounds, any of those could be suspect.