Can anyone help? I have a 2006 Bobcat 442 midi excavator that I absolutely love. The problem is the replacement of hydraulic hoses. The machine was made by Terex for Bobcat as Bobcat had no equipment in the 16000# class. When I go to the Bobcat dealers in the state for parts, they look at me like I'm from Mars. Recently I blew the main boom hose. I contacted the dealer in Spokane and they told me there were 2 hoses available in Georgia to the tune of $686. The places in town that make hydraulic hoses tell me they can make new hoses if I can find the fittings. The fittings are metric and nobody around here carry's anything like them. Terex does not sell the fitting independently so I am looking for anyone that can help point me in the right direction to a resource for the fittings. Thanks in advance, Bob
It's been a while since I've worked on a 442 bgleich. I think those machines used British Pipe Parallel fittings, but in no way am I certain. Is there any way you can post some pics of the male and female threads of the fittings?
http://www.discounthydraulichose.com/How_to_Identify_Fluid_Ports_and_Connectors_s/55.htm Here's a good guide to fittings. Easy to use if you know your way around a calipers and thread gauge. I can't tell you anything else about the site, whether you'd want to order there or not.
Willie, Thanks for responding. I will try to take pics tomorrow and get them posted. Thanks again.
I can probably handle it. The funny things is even the hydraulic shops were stumped by the fitting style.
If British pipe thread. I HAD an old Ford 800 backhoe that I used adaptors at each of hose end so reg off shelf hose connectors could be used , made rather long fitting but worked just fine.
I'm pretty sure Willie is right, BSPP with a 30 degree cone. I find it hard to believe that hydraulic shops don't know this fitting, it's used in a lot of equipment. I need to do a travel motor leak test on a Deere 35C and if I remember right they use BSPP.
I just checked a 442 manual and it looks like it's a DIN fitting not BSPP. A good hydraulic shop should still be able to ID it.
Thank you all for your input. I will try to get a photo if the fitting tomorrow and see if anyone can identify the fitting and send me to the right place to buy them. Thanks again everyone!
Is this one of Bobcat's fittings that looks like a normal JIC fitting but has a thin o-ring in the tapered section of the male fitting similar to this picture?
Most decent hose shops should have BSPP fittings. I have had issues getting DIN hose fittings though, the local shops have adapters but very few hose ends. If they are BSPP call Rowand Machinery or whoever the closest JD dealer is and ask where they get theirs made locally. Like Excavator said, the Deere/Hitachi mini's up to about 2004 used them. As for DIN, you might try Modern Machinery in Missoula. They are a Hamm dealer and that's what all the hoses on our Hamm roller are.
I was struggling with that excavator. As I stated, I wasn't certain, but knowing the 442 was basically a German design, there was even an Ingersoll Rand hoe that was the same machine, don't recall the model, which had that little voice in my head saying it may be DIN fittings. There's just too much misc junk in my head to be sure.
model is zx 75 also a tc 75 terex I think
yes it is
Thank to all for your help. So here is what I found out after a day long search. The fittings are DIN universal. I found what I was looking for as a Weatherhead "Z" series fitting, 08z-66c and 08z-66E. I tried uploading a picture but I guess I am a but can't seem to make it work. Thanks again to everyone for their help and advice. Bob
Turn around on that hose would be 2 days. Most shops don't stock S series DIN
Can any one identify the quick couplers at the end of the boom on these machines?
If I remember correctly we had parker 6100 on the majority of our machines but you could change them if required. http://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydrau...-BRASS-WING-NUT-QUICK-COUPLER-PAIR-9-8314.axd
Thanks I know they screw on I will look and see if these seem right as soon as I don't need snow shoes lol.
Bobcat 442 excavator hydraulic hoses So Deeretracks, I was able to get the hose repaired long enough to find fittings and replace with new. While installing the hose, I pinched a low pressure hydraulic hose in the process. From what I found out, the hose provides hydraulic pressure to a switch that senses boom overload. Luckily, I can order this hose from Germany but it will take about 6-8 weeks to receive. The photo is of the actual male fitting and the toothpick in the end is to show the hose inside diameter, which is smaller than the toothpick. Any thoughts because the Bobcat dealer is stupified!
Makes perfect sense. I have a friend that told me what it was and how it operated. I'm hoping to find the parts online so I'm not down for 2 months. I capped the sensor and the machine will still operate, I just don't want to do any damage.
Try ebay for fitting and hose probly 2 wire
you have this much hose left on pic how long is other end of hose ...Splice it together with 1/8 male and female fitting or I cant remember tooth pick size lol but running and capped off will do damage
I have hose on both fitting ends. But nobody around here has the small hose. To small to even measure. I'm guessing about 3/32 and smaller than the toothpick
bgleich, you need to find a decent hose shop. Those ends aren't that rare most hose shops around here do stock them. I could give you a number here that is awesome and could tell you how to measure it and make the hose and ship it to you. The small hose why don't you get the ends on a number four hose and be done with it. That hose is a synflex type of hose but it doesn't need to be.
If you would be so kind as to provide me with a phone number I would be glad to call and order from your guy. Would certainly be quicker than Germany
Ability hose 403 720 3770. Josh is the head guy but all of the guys are really knowledgeable. They have a real get it running attitude. 8am - 5pm weekdays, 9am-12pm Saturday. They are in calgary alberta. Im assuming your just over the border in Montana.
Calgary is close by. Thank you very much and I will call him Monday.
I have found that the bobcat guy's are a lot better since being taken over buy Doosan ( probably misspelt )if you call 1-800-633-5206 Inger Saul rand parts they are very help full with part #'s to crosss over.
Thank you
Just an alternative option, but I have no clue if it will work as I don't know all the components and fittings we have to work with, but would it be possible to say "to hell with this odd ball DIN stuff" and change to a more common fitting, JIC, ORFS, or even BSPP by changing the fittings that the hose(s) connect to?
It is possible but cost prohibitive they tell me
Wait, what? I'm not talking about changing every hose/fitting on the machine, just that boom sensor hose and its respective fittings that you're working on. How would that be cost prohibitive? :beatsme
Misunderstanding. They would have to search for the adapters so I just as well get the right fittings
http://shop.tifco.com/Catalog/id/90491 http://shop.tifco.com/Catalog/id/79916
Page 16 has the ends you need, if you want to have a hose made in 1/8" http://www.pirtek.co.uk/UserFiles/file/SECTION 1_7.pdf
Thank you mike. I will look. You have all been awesome with the support!
Otherwise you could use the DKO test point and the micro hose in the first set of links