I am still getting familiar with my Bobcat 442 I recently purchased. Since I brought the machine home, it has the "Low Oil Pressure" light and alarm screaming constantly. I bought an engine oil pressure gauge and connected it right before the engine oil pressure switch. The idle pressure is 84PSI and High RPM is around 95 PSI with it bouncing after I throttle down. I do have the service manual for this unit, but I could not find anything in it for the range that this should be. This seems way to high from what I have seen in our postings? Is that correct? If so, what are my first acts of troubleshooting this? Thanks for your help!
I had a 442 in Oregon for 6 years....loved it. ONLY problem it ever gave me was the oil pressure warning. Checked with manual gage as you did, no problems, same apparent high pressure. I never found a pressure spec, but ran under the assumption that higher pressure is better than lower pressure. The engine (Deutz turbo diesel) always purred like a kitten so I assume the pressure was in spec. The problem was in the alarm circuit and turned out to be a corroded connection on the circuit board inside the cab. It took a long time to find and found it by accident.
What is your email ? I can send you service manual for the engine .