I have a 2006 bobcat 442 oil cooled with the hour meter reading just over 1400 hours. Every since it has started being 80 degree days and up we can only run it a couple of hours before it starts creeping into the red. We have changed all fluids and filters on the machine. The a/c condenser is removed (bought this way) and have washed the oil cooler thoroughly. Any ideas on where to go from here? I am not very familiar with this machine as I have only had it about 8 months
The only suggestion other than supplemental cooling that I can think of is are you heating the fluid by holding in curled position etc after out, of travel.
If the machine has a thermostat you might want to try replacing that. I never thought that an oil cooled engine would have a thermostat but I am pretty sure I saw a listing for in parts catalog for one on a deutz engine not long ago.
Fan or belt issues? Any restrictions on air holes in the engine surround? Foam seals around the cooling stack? Try running it with the cover open?
I have an 05 442 with 1800, new owner also. I'm experiencing the same issue. I added 2- 12" cooling fans, one on the condenser and the other below the muffler on the tailgate vent. They seem to keep it cooler in most situation but it still gets hot when you work it hard. Very productive machine and I try to slow down and it behaves okay but still warmer than i'd like. I feel like it's hydraulic heat as it only occurs when working it. The engine compartment is pretty insulated and opening the hood will cool it down but thats not an option on this machine as the fiberglass hood would surely bust eventually. I've thought of adding vents to the top of the engine compartment. Did you have any luck alleviating you problem?