Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 442 swing brake problem

slwbid ยท 2020-11-21 14:31

Newbie Bobcat user I have a 442, serisl #522311491. In top of the left joystick, there is a button that has something to do with swing brake I pressed that button few days ago. Ever since, after I release the joystick to stop swinging (slewing??), it stops HARD. Stops way too hard - im sure something is going to break if i cannot undo whatever i did by pressing that darn button. Any ideas are very much appreciated respectfully, Stacy Whetzell

Replies5
  1. #1lantraxco2020-11-26 00:28

    Might be a valve shifted that hadn't for a long time and is now stuck? Try this link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DUy7Ky5nhNBgrQJP0nZFUTytzJ4iqR9-/view

  2. #2slwbid2020-12-19 15:00

    Thanks Lantraxco. Next question anyone: If i cannot get the auxillary hyd working without new computer, wiring harness, etc - would it be feasible to use a splitter valve and feed the aux from the push blade circuit?

  3. #3lantraxco2020-12-19 15:50

    Yes, but typically not a lot of flow there. You thinking thumb cylinder? Should be okay.

  4. #4uffex2020-12-20 04:16

    Good day Fail to connect the ECU to the auxiliary circuit ? Kind regards Uffex

  5. #5uffex2020-12-20 09:26

    Good day Maybe I need to rephrase the question the ECU (controller) can be simply bypassed. Kind regards Uffex