Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 463 Doesnt start, Fuel pump failing ??

kubotafreak · 2022-08-09 00:05

Hey Folks, My 463 skidsteer doesnt start, randomly starts after 10 or so cranks. Once starts runs fine, I put new primer bulb. I checked the fuel line inside the tank & didnt find a pick up filter/ oneway valve inside it was just a open end tube. I removed fuel line before the fuel pump & it had fuel gushing out. I removed the 3 fuel lines coming out of the fuel pump going to the engine & cranked the engine the fuel doesnt come out of the pump. My question is, Is that normal for the pump not to give out fuel when the lines are open.? Also how do i check the solenoid ( i hope it is solenoid) thats seen next to the fuel pump of its functionality. Thanks in advance.

Replies8
  1. #1thepumpguysc2022-08-09 04:18

    U have a 3 wire solenoid.. which means there’s relays and probably a timer.. I don’t know they’re location.. sorry. The easiest thing to do is, remove the solenoid and see if it starts.. Your not gonna screw anything up and nothing is gonna fly out atcha.. If it starts, which it probably will, we’ll hafta track down the culprit.

  2. #2kubotafreak2022-08-09 21:16

    Thanks, I removed the solenoid / taped the opening & cranked, it started with no issues. I checked the volt at red, white at the solenoid connection Voltage only at white..whereas before the timer pigtail i see voltage at both red n white wires. So i suspect the timer is bad.

  3. #3thepumpguysc2022-08-10 06:25

    Well there ya go.. u just saved yourself 1000.00.!!! I only charge 10%.. lol If u go over to Orange Tractor Talks and ask, I’m sure someone over there will lead u to the correct relay..

  4. #4thepumpguysc2022-08-10 06:32

    I don’t know what good it’ll do, but here’s the wire info.. Black is Ground.. White is Pull In + hi amp, usually from the starter.. Red is HOLD(run) low amp +..

  5. #5kubotafreak2022-08-10 18:36

    Problem Solved !! Am glad, Thanks. It was the timer pigtail, soon as i replaced with a new one starts like a champ everytime.

  6. #6thepumpguysc2022-08-10 20:47

    Happy to help.

  7. #7whiskey 532024-11-29 12:08

    Were is relay and timer location bobcat 463 with Kubota engine

  8. #8whiskey 532024-11-29 12:09

    That works to start, solenoid