Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 610 Shutting off problem

rick342 ยท 2009-01-28 10:19

This has been happening for a LONG time...Update !!! Bobcat 610 shutting off problem. I have put in a new 12Volt fuel pump, (with a clear fuel filter so I can see the gas flow), it works great but the motor still shuts off after 20 minutes or so, same problem...wait 5 min restart use 15/20 shuts off. I did check the power to the coil when it shuts off, Had power to the coil. Soooooo if I have power to the coil, (New Coil) and gas to the carb....whats left to check out. Thanks again for all you help guys.... Rick

Replies10
  1. #1special tool2009-01-28 10:34

    Starting and shutting off is usually obstructed air shrouding (overheating). I assume you have removed the shrouds and taken off the mouse's house that is in there?

  2. #2Shifty2009-01-28 14:35

    How about a plug ed up gas cap vent or a fuel tank vent? If the tank can't get air the pump can't pump it.

  3. #3rick3422009-01-28 17:49

    Hey guys...Thanks for the ideas... Replaced gas cap with brand new one. No obstrutions, not overheating. Please keep ideas coming!! Question?? could the condensor in the distrubuter cap go bad and would that make the engine shut off??

  4. #4Komatsu 1502009-01-28 19:59

    Yes and condensers will often act up with heat if they are going bad. They almost never go bad but--

  5. #5bbells2009-06-17 09:38

    I know this thread is a few months old, but if you are like me this problem lasted quite a while and is probably still going on. I had the same problem and cured it. I tried the new coil, condensor, checked for overheating, all the wiring, and none of those fixed it. Then I bypassed the oil pressure switch (under the oil filter) and it ended my problems. Rather than replace it I put an oil pressure gauge in the vacuum gauge hole with the oil line for it connected where the cut off switch was. The problem went away.

  6. #6rick3422009-06-17 10:36

    bbells, Thanks a million for this info!!!! yes its still going on & now I have new hope with this info!! Really appreciate it.... Rick

  7. #7acpjosh2009-12-28 18:18

    I have a 853 and it will run fine for a little bit, and then bog down or idle down till it almost stalls. The line are clean and filter new. It started doing this after about an hour or two of pushing snow. The pickup tube in the tank should be good as it is never filled past half tank. I am thinking some injector blockage or a pump problems. Any ideas? Thanks and hello to all.

  8. #8willie592009-12-28 18:57

    Is the fuel primer bulb sucked flat when this happens?

  9. #9acpjosh2009-12-31 15:02

    no. i have to put fuel in filter for it to start, so i think the p/u tube may be blocked.

  10. #10willie592009-12-31 19:55

    If the pick up tube is blocked, it will suck the primer bulb flat as a pancake. Everytime. If it quits running, primer bulb is not flat, and you have to re-fill filter to run engine again, the pick up tube is broke off where it connects to elbow on top of fuel tank, or, you have a hole rubbed in the fuel hose from tank to filter housing. These are common Bobcat problems.