Hello, I have a bobcat 743B that has been working well for me all week until now. I purchased it used on marketplace about 2 weeks ago. Yesterday the machine slowly came to a stop and shut off. I was done for the day anyways, so called it a day. Came out the next day, and it grinds and moves the drive levers on its own when trying to start. I can hold the drive levers still, but it will jerk them out of my hands when attempting to start it. I was able to start it once by finding a sweet spot with the levers, the bucket moved up and down fine, however, as soon as I tried to drive it forward it started grinding and shut off. Tried disconnecting the drive levers, but it still grinds. Any help would be super. here is a video: https://youtube.com/shorts/eH40dv_Lhqw?feature=share
That sure does not look good. Looks like something came apart in at least one of the pumps. I believe that is a vickers pvb10 pump. My old mustang used to do something similar. Not quite as bad. I needed to adjust the neutral detents a bit to get it to stop making pressure at start up. I also switched to a lighter weight fluid. My pumps used to howl at low temp startup. All is well now. I guess try adjusting the neutral in both pumps first, then take the case drain hose off and see how much slip you have in both pumps.
Thanks for the quick response! To adjust the neutral, will I need to take the pump off? Is it inside or outside the pump? I haven’t been able to find much info on this online.
It was just external on mine. Couldn’t tell on your set up.
This guy has a good video on repairing this very problem.
I think a 743B uses a double u-joint to connect the pumps to the flywheel. Have heard that when the levers don't want to center and get jerky the double u-joint needs greasing or is shot. May not be related to your problem but worth checking regardless. For future inquiries you should post in the skid steer forum. Likely to get more/faster responses there.