Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 751 hydraulic issue ?

Banjosquatch · 2024-05-03 16:18

I got a bobcat 751 a few months back and shortly thereafter blew out the case drain line connected to the right drive motor. I replaced that and got maybe two days of work then blew the top big hose on that same right drive motor. Any thoughts on what could be causing this ? I will say that the right side is very strong when going backwards and very weak going forwards , idk if that could be a sign of something that’s causing the lines to bust. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Replies2
  1. #1crewchief8882024-05-03 17:49

    whats probably causing your blown hoses is having a 30 year old machine with 30 year old hoses the difference in travel speeds fwd/rev is most likely the adjustment on the 2 halves of the steering linkage where they are bolted together. OR your steering is really out of wack and not in neutral

  2. #2Banjosquatch2024-05-03 17:56

    Haha true but the hoses aren’t cracked or dry rotted , I adjusted the steering linkage and there was no improvement , I’m fine with changing out hoses I just want to make sure there’s not a different issue causing too much pressure on the system