Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

bobcat 753 belt sizes

CMichael ยท 2017-03-11 10:54

I am hoping someone can help me identify the belt sizes for the 4 belts on the 753 i believe its a 94-96 i bought it years ago and have since knocked the plate off with the serial number that bobcat requires when you call them. if someone could help me i would greatly appreciate the help. chad

Replies6
  1. #1crewchief8882017-03-13 22:05

    well to start with theres only 3 belts, fan drive, alternator, and drive belt... the fan drives on some mid 90's bobcats could have one of 2 or 3 belts on it, depending on angle drive pulley size and EXACT model. some 753's, depending on C or F series, could have a couple different drive belts. you may want to get real friendly with your local bobcat dealers parts dept.

  2. #2CMichael2017-03-14 12:40

    Crew, Thanks so much for the reply. I have tried hard to ask very nicely for some help down at bobcat, but they aren't really having much of that. I live 2 hrs from the closest bobcat. I bought this a while ago but have no idea what happened to the plate as I'm always in the woods with it. It was def more then three belts so u explaining that one pulley could have more makes sense. How else could I go about getting these sizes? Also how can I find out what year it is along with series? Is there another place on the machine? I'm a wounded warrior that moved to the middle of nowhere. I was clearing land and was carrying a stump to a large brush pile when I got to the fire I dropped the stump and all my hydraulics stopped. I couldn't move or anything. Luck Y my neighbor who was there on his tractor saw me and came quickly to pull my machine out as I am not able to get in and out easily so I'm thankful for that. It starts up but will not move or lift the bucket. It feels like it wants to go but won't. I've checked the seat sensor, disconnected it.... but nothing. I was irritated the other day and tried going back and forth cause it felt like it wanted to go when bammmm I had four belts laying in the door. I'm and idiot I know. Are you able to guide me any? Or anyone out there?

  3. #3crewchief8882017-03-14 17:28

    4 belts laying in the door? no i'd say your drive belt is split into 4 seperate pieces. or the drive belt is in 3 pieces and the otehr is the fan drive belt. drive belt is a wide flat belt. it could be 3 or 4 rows wide. check the fan drive belt & alt belt and see if you can find any numbers on them, it may help the parts dept pinpoint a SN range. disconnecting the seat sensor will not "fix" the problem. once you get belts back on it, leave the seat bar up and hit the traction lock over ride you should be able to drive the machine. the BICS controller in sorta under your right elbow sitting in the seat, key on, seat bar down, all the lights should be on steady. if any of them are flashing, count the flashes, and check the operator manual for a list of BICS fault codes. a bad ground at the battery will cause erratic problems, ie: brake locking and unlocking, and no lift/tilt. there is a single ground wire in the harness a few inches away from the brake solenoid and bics coil on the control valve. that wire runs all the way back to the cluster of ground wires at the battery or engine block. that wire has a tendency to break somewhere in the harness. you can splice in a new wire and run it back to the cluster of grounds, 99% of the time that solves the intermittent electrical problems. if your alternator is not charging (under 9v) or overcharging (over 15v), the BICS controller shuts off to protect itself. you may find a SN stamped in the front of the chaincase, up high, just under where the mainframe covers the chaincase. chances are ,on a machine that old, it wont be readable, but you may be able to pull a few numbers. theres an outside chance your dealer may be able to access, (through bobcat) a machine SN using the ORIGINAL engine SN. i'm not sure but, that database may not even be available any more.

  4. #4CMichael2017-03-14 18:02

    Sir, This is great info and I am greatful for ur time. Once the snow breaks I'll get out and try all this. Thanks again, Chad

  5. #5crewchief8882017-03-14 18:57

    notta problem, theres just no easy way to identify the SN breaks. something else just popped in my mind, go onto bobcat.com, and take a look around the parts lookup pages, you may be able to narrow down a SN prefix on your machine. look on your machine for components that have a part number visible, and locate that part number on the website. control vale may still have a metal tag on it, hydrostats should have a tag on them with a number. placement of hyd oil filter ports and hyd plumbing may help by looking at pictures.

  6. #6willie592017-03-14 21:59

    Determine if it's a C or F series will narrow it down by roughly half, and easy to identify those two choices. What part of TN?