I'm pretty sure I'm losing hydraulic fluid but need some ideas to locate the leak and fix it. First, I get a small amount of fluid dripping from a small rectangular hole on the bottom of the Bobcat. There are two of these holes, one on the left side of the vehicle and the other on the right but both are located roughly between the wheels in the heavy iron skidplate. The drip feels like the clear Bobcat hydraulic fluid and I see that I am down a bit on the dipstick, the one located just above the fuel cap. Any ideas?
Could be a lot of things causing that leak. You're going to have to raise the cab and start searching. If it's really nasty and oily in the belly you may have to wash it. But the thing about a Bobcat, you don't get them clean, just clean-er. The most common leak is the spool seals for the loader control valve on the right side.
I'm looking in my service manual. Are the spool seals you referred to the o-rings that are in the spool covers?
I must admit I haven't worked on a 753, I'm only saying a very common leak on Bobcat machines are the spool seals for the loader control valve. The ones I've worked on the seals are lip seals, not o-ring seals.
I appreciate your advice. I'll open it up today and figure it out.