Considering that you only get one chance to make a first impression, I figured I'd hit you all with a complicated first post. To make a long story short (working on a skid loader of any flavor is almost always a long story) : I would like to replace the circled solenoids and fitting on this control valve out of a 753 Bobcat. Looking on Bobcat's website, I couldn't find the part numbers for the aforementioned. Looking closely at the exploded diagram, I didn't even see the fitting (labeled #2 in picture) listed. At any rate, if anybody could give me a shove in the right direction for finding those part numbers I would really appreciate it. If it's any help, it's a series F machine. Thanks, ~~JD40
Well...inserting that picture didn't work. Can I just link directly to it? Let's see if I can make that happen.... http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p465/TLM-LLC/bobcatvalvelabeled_zpsnr40xbez.png ~~JD40
Nope, pics still not coming through. What's the machine serial number
Photobucket now wants $$ to hotlink, unbelieveable.
Thanks Willie. Your write up on spool valves was really helpful last week. The serial number is 515818296. I'm looking for the two solenoids that sit on what we could call the top of the valve unit. I assume they would be considered spool lock valves. I'm also looking for the only other component on the valve with an electrical connector. It is on the side of the valve, in the midst of all the fittings for the hydraulic lines. The third and final suspect is a big steel fitting on top of the valve unit. When installed, it receives a steel hydraulic line that runs up past the fuel tank and either to the hydraulic cooler or the hydraulic filter. Hopefully this makes some degree of sense....pictures would be easier, but Photobucket doesn't want to participate. Thanks, ~~JD40
Not at my computer at the moment, but on a typical G series standard control valve you should have 5 electrical connections. 2 spool lock solenoids on the front of the valve where the links connect to the spools, 1 for the BICS hydraulic lock valve in the center of the valve, and 2 for the proportional solenoid valves that control the auxiliary circuit on the top of the valve
Crap, I forgot you said your machine was an F series, scratch the spool lock solenoids
Main control valve according to your serial number. But before you order any parts for a main control valve be sure and confirm with Bobcat dealer as they made many changes to these control valves even during a series.
BICS section of your control valve. The parts manual shows 2 choices for the BICS solenoid valve. D series coil is 1" across the nut flats, E series coil is .87 across the wrench flats
Thanks for the help Willie. Sorry I didn't get back to thank you sooner....I've been trying to get some work done between rain showers. ~~JD40