Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 753 Hydraulic Quantity dipstick

Eprn1n2 ยท 2017-02-28 19:34

Looking at my manual I see that there is dipstick next to the fill cap. Mine appears to be broken off. Has anyone experienced this and how do I get this out?

Replies5
  1. #1DIYDAVE2017-02-28 20:36

    Sounds like a job, for a magnet on a stick...

  2. #2Eprn1n22017-02-28 20:51

    The stick is still there. The top part is gone. Can I just pull it out with pliers?

  3. #3willie592017-02-28 22:43

    The dipstick is plastic, magnet wouldn't do you no good. If you can get a grip on it with pliers then pull it out, it's just got an o-ring seal on it that will make a bit of friction pulling it. If not, your fill hole should have a brass strainer in it that you can pull out and open up the hole, should be able to see the dipstick viewing through the fill hole, maybe get some long nose bent needle nose pliers to grip the dipstick down through the fill hole and push it out a bit

  4. #4Eprn1n22017-02-28 22:53

    I'll give that a try tomorrow. Thanks.

  5. #5Eprn1n22017-03-01 12:28

    I was able to pull the remnant out of the hydraulic hole. It was made up of plastic and electrical tape! Fortunately I was able to get all the pieces out. OE hydraulic dip stick in there now. Thanks all.