Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 753 wheel locking issue

753 Bobcat ยท 2014-09-01 21:44

Hi everyone, my 1 2001 bobcat 753 is having a issue with a locking wheel. The front right wheel will roll fine then it'll lock and be stuck for a minute before unlocking and repeating the process again.. It happens in both directions and when turning. I don't have any experience with these so I'm not really sure where to start, I'd just like to be able to fix it myself rather then making a call to the dealer. let me know what you guys think, and where I should start looking for the problem. thanks

Replies3
  1. #1lantraxco2014-09-02 00:04

    What is the right rear doing? Sounds like a stripped sprocket spline? Lift the front off the ground, see if you can turn the right front tire by hand and if so does it make creamy/crunchy/extra crunchy noises? Might need bearings also. There should be a plate in the center between the foot pedals that's bolted on the top of the drive housing, pop that and you should be able to take a look at the guts of the drive case, should be fairly obvious what the problem is I would think.

  2. #2753 Bobcat2014-09-02 12:38

    The right rear is working fine. I'll try spinning the wheel and taking a look in the drive case. Thanks.

  3. #3crewchief8882014-09-04 18:25

    sounds like a broken chain thats getting jammed under the sprocket. if the sprocket hub weld is broken, it will "freewheel", not lock up. :drinkup