Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 753 won’t move, lift or tilt

bob6104 ยท 2019-03-18 20:24

One day everything works great and the next you're dead in the water. My Bobcat won't move unless I press the "Traction Lock Bypass" button because the brake is stuck on. The lift arms jerk up and down an inch or two, same problem with the bucket tilt. I have a grapple attached and the front hydraulics to that work fine. Any suggestions?

Replies7
  1. #1Ronsii2019-03-18 23:12

    does it make a difference if you disconnect all the hydraulics to the grapple?

  2. #2bob61042019-03-18 23:20

    Good question. I'll try it tomorrow. I did notice that the seat green light on the bic panel is not on. In fact the only one that lights up is the lift bar. I'm going to investigate the seat and see if there is a broken wire or something getting in the way of the seat sensor.

  3. #3Ronsii2019-03-18 23:24

    sounds like a seat interlock issue Good luck, hope its something simple.

  4. #4bob61042019-03-19 21:22

    Right you are! Turns out a hammer I had stored next to the seat had become lodged under the seat keeping it from moving the seat interlock. Thanks!

  5. #5Ronsii2019-03-19 21:45

    Doh!!!!, I hate it when that happens

  6. #6willie592019-03-19 22:04

    That seat switch on the C and F series Bobcats is the biggest problematic PITA that was ever fitted to those machines, even Bobcat figured that out and tossed the seat switch when they started making the G series machine. Bobcat offers a delete kit for that seat switch. If you plan on keeping your machine for many years I would suggest getting that delete kit from Bobcat and save yourself future grief.

  7. #7Andy7532024-10-14 14:04

    Hello, I'm new here. I have the same problem. It seemed like it ran out of fuel. I fixed that problem. Runs great. The 1996 just move now forward or back, bucket nothing . All lights are green and not flashing. I start the machine push the unlock button. No movement? Thank you hope it's simple. I don't know alot about skidsteers.