i have a 756 that will run if i fill the lower fuel filter but does not fill on it own
has anyone had a problem like this?
I'm not aware of a Bobcat 756 model. To my knowledge, in the 75 series, Bobcat made a 751 model and a 753 model, each model had the C, F, or G Series model series variant.
I'm going guess he punched the model number in wrong. The fuel pick up tube in the tank fell off. I will pretty much guaranty this is the problem, no matter what model it is.
It is a 753 G series. If I fill the lower filter the engine will start and run for a few minutes. I get fuel going through the upper filter when I crank the engine. Seems the pump is pumping fuel up to that filter.
Never worked on one one of these before, the tank seems to be under the engine, how would I get to the tank to put the pick-up tube back on?
Getting to the fuel pick up and repairing it is typically not an easy task on a Bobcat. It's located in different places on the different models, but it's usually in the area between engine and hydraulic pumps, one model I worked on it was directly beneath the drive pumps, that was a fun one. You'll have to raise the cab and dive in and it's generally no joy. Once you've locate the fuel hose connections at the tank, the first thing you're going to have to do is figure out which one is the pick up and which one is the return as they are typically next to each other. Oftentimes you can grab the fuel lines at the tank connections and have a helper gently pull on the supply hose to filter and the movement of the hose will tell you which one is the pick up line. Here's a thread that will give you some general information about the pick up tube, just nothing specific to the 753G. > HeavyEquipmentForums
Thanks Willie, I will be looking into this this weekend. I just hope it is a little easier than it sounds.
only the 1st 1000 fuel pickup hoses are the hard ones, they get much easier after that :drinkup
yes this job sucks!!! wish I had the thread on the pick up tube a year ago, very well put together
Had similar problem on my 773. Just replaced the fuel pickup line on my 773 and I discovered it was A LOT easier to put the pickup tube on the elbow used for the fuel return and leave the pickup elbow alone (it is under some other gear making it MCUH harder to deal with). Since both lines come in to the top of the tank I doubt that it makes any difference. I had to swap connections to the return from the injectors of course - but that took seconds. One other thing - I am pretty sure an old primer bulb was contributing to my problem. Easy replacement, cheap - no reason to not do it if your machine is old.