Hi All, newbie to the forums and had a good search but I'm not having any luck. I have a bobcat 763 was using it on and off all day for around 20mins at a time with no dramas, towards the end of the day it stalled and then wouldn't start. I originally thought I'd run her out of diesel. I topped the tank up and it took around 15 liters. Still no joy. It cranks no worries and sounds like it wants to fire but won't start. While cranking it puffs out a grayish smoke and smells of unburnt diesel. I have so far done the following but yet still no joy. I've replaced fuel filter and primer bulb, then primed whole fuel system. It has good delivery from the tank to the filter and also to the bleeder on the injector pump. I've cracked each injector 1 by 1 and cranked for a few seconds to confirm diesel is getting to where it needs to be however it's not a super strong flow, Kind of just dribbles out the line. I've also replaced every fuse I could see, tried swapping around relays and confirmed that the fuel shut off solinoid is holding in when cranking. It has a new air filter too and can feel it sucking strongly through air intake. What am I missing? It seems like a pretty simple set up all with analog gauges and mechanical pumps etc... Please help it's starting to do my head in...
HeavyEquipmentForums Slightly different symptoms but from post #7 onwards is right up your alley.
Cheers Chrisso, I was a bit concerned about the lack of preasure at the injectors, I did however already try an inline mini 12v electric diesel pump to help me prime the system, tried cranking while it was running to and nothing
Is there hydraulics partly stuck on causing low cranking speed and no start. Just wondering. Do you by any chance have an emergency air shut off that tripped. Simon C
Have u tried pulling an injector and hooking it back up OUTSIDE the engine to see if it’s popping off.? That’ll tell u if the pump is supplying enough pressure..
Thanks Simon, it cranks well, I've double and tripple checked hydraulics aren't stuck on. I also thought there mat be an air supply issue but while cranking with the air filter removed you can feel it sucking good air
I will try this out this arve and see what happens. I assume it should pop out a mist ?
Yes but a word of caution.!! Do not get near the spray end.!! The atomized fuel WILL penetrate your skin and it’s off to the hospital for u..