Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 763 Fuel Leaking Behind Fly Wheel

d12hazz ยท 2017-07-06 19:37

I have fuel pouring out behind my fly wheel, inside the casing. Motor, hydrostatic pump, drive motors, and just about every hose has been rebuit or replaced. Both rear motor mount bolts were not put back, so I can lift motor up to look under. Fuel lines are not leaking and the fuel is definitly coming out behind the fly wheel. Under the motor is completly dry and the fuel leaks from the fly wheel casing behind the fly wheel. Anyone have any suggestions? I can post a pic if a visual is needed. Thanks!

Replies9
  1. #1d12hazz2017-07-07 11:37

    Short video of fuel leak.

  2. #2Delmer2017-07-07 14:49

    I can't imagine where it would be coming from since I don't do bobcats. To find it, I'd pressure test the fuel system with the engine off, try to simulate the engine running. If the fuel pump doesn't make it leak, then try cranking with the injection pump off to see if you can reproduce the leak. With that much leaking it should be easy to trace with LESS fuel leaking, and the engine off so you can get closer in to look.

  3. #3thepumpguysc2017-07-07 20:36

    I KNOW this is a "dumb" question but have you pulled the dipstick?? THAT MUCH FUEL, IF its coming from the flywheel HAS TO be coming from the engine..

  4. #4willie592017-07-07 20:56

    And you wouldn't even know the crankcase is full of fuel until you pulled the dipstick.

  5. #5d12hazz2017-07-10 15:37

    Yes, that was the first thing i did. No fuel was in the oil. Thats what I was wondering if the fuel was coming from the oil pan, because it's next to the area the fuel is leaking from. What would cause the fuel to leak into the motor?

  6. #6thepumpguysc2017-07-10 19:05

    I'd be tempted to go to the parts store & get some dye.. This has me stumped too.. OR just use some "red" fuel & a black lite.. she'll glow like a diamond in a black goats ass..

  7. #7crewchief8882017-07-12 09:31

    Fuel return hose the top of the tank could be broken or disconnected. Tank could be cracked. Does it leak all the time, or only when the tank is full? you could put a little air pressure at the filler neck and start listening/ looking

  8. #8d12hazz2017-07-12 10:17

    I already checked the line, no cracks. It only leakes while running. I start the machine up and once it warms up for about five minutes the fuel will stsrt leaking out. There are no leaks around the intake either.

  9. #9d12hazz2017-07-12 10:20

    I have off road diesel in there, red dyed fuel. The oil is very clear, machine hasn't been ran much since the motor was rebuilt. I actually had to paint the dip stick just to see the oil. There is definitely no fuel in the oil pan.