I'm quite sure the fuel pickup on my Bobcat 763 has disconnected. The Bobcat died although I had plenty of fuel. Disconnected the fuel line at the hand pump bulb and no fuel was present. Blowing in the tube I could hear nothing but air. Filled the fuel tank till the diesel was in the filler neck and fuel was coming out of the disconnected end of the fuel line. Reconnected fuel line and got the Bobcat running again. However, I can't keep running it with fuel at the filler neck. After looking at the two manuals I have I can't find anything about fixing the fuel pickup line. Don't even know how to access it. Can someone tell me how I can get access to the fuel tank to replace the fuel pickup line? Thanks. I've found some posts on this forum about how common these fuel line problems are, but couldn't find any specifics for the 763 as to how to get access to the fuel line pickup. George
raise the cab and boom ( install the boom safety support) fuel pickup line is on the RH side of the machine, slightly under the front of the hydrostat :drinkup
Okay... Got the cab raised up and found there were two fuel lines running to the top of the tank. After a bit of pulling and pushing on the most forward fuel line I was able to determine that is fuel pickup line. Sure glad it is the front one as the rear line would be even harder to work on! Got the fuel line off the fitting after cutting it some to release its grip on the fitting. Problem now is how does that fitting and fuel pickup detach from the tank? I've pulled and twisted on it and it doesn't want to pull out easily. I wrapped a wire around the fitting so I could use a bar and get more pulling power, but it still is not coming out of the tank. When I put a pull on the wire, the top of the tank is flexing. I'm afraid of putting more pressure on pulling it out for fear that something may break and then I'll really have a problem to fix. So I guess I need to know if there is some trick to getting the fuel pickup fitting off the tank. Thanks.
Welcome to HEF George97078 :drinkup It's simply a hose barb type connection fitted into a rubber grommet in a hole in the poly tank, you simply have to pull on that elbow fitting with enough pressure to pull it out of the grommet, or pull the grommet from the hole in the tank, whichever comes first. Here's a thread with a little info. > HeavyEquipmentForums
Willie, Thanks for the link! It is big help. I went to Bobcat dealer this morning and picked up all the fuel pickup tube parts as I wanted to see what I was dealing with in getting the old elbow and grommet off the tank.
Thanks again! I've got it running again without needing to have fuel in the fuel tank filler tube. Cost me $33 to buy all the parts from the Bobcat dealer.
Good to hear you got it sorted out. :drinkup
glad you got it going, sorry i havent responded until now, ive been at electrical school all week... ointhead :drinkup
I am having the same exact issue with a JD 675B. It acts like its out of fuel shuts off and wont start. I have to add diesel to the tank which is almost full, bleed the air out of the lines and then it runs for awhile till the process starts over. Sometimes it runs for a hour sometimes just a few minutes.