Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 763 lift/tilt trouble

charc · 2025-03-12 11:52

Hi all new here, i have a bobcat 763 that works great funs great but after a minute or so the triangle with ghe exclamation point comes on and u cant use lift or bucket tilt? If i shut it off and restart it works again for a lil bit? Its like the button clicks off that u have to push aftsr u start it to unlock both but the green light stays on? Any ideas?

Replies35
  1. #1Simon C2025-03-12 21:47

    You need to start out by getting yourself an operation and maintenance manual that tells you what every switch means. They also tell what maintenance needs to be done and when. You probably will need an electrical schematic, and a troubleshooting tree that can help figure out the causes. I have seen these before, but was a long time ago. Maybe post a picture so that people remember what it use to look like, it may help getting some responses. Post a serial number also. Simon C

  2. #2charc2025-03-13 09:40

    Thank u but i work on all kinds and other equip.ent as well and cannot buy a manual for everything. Some farmers have them some dont. But ill try what you sd bout pics and ser number. .thank u

  3. #3HarleyHappy2025-03-13 09:57

    WAG but it may be the solenoid for the hydraulic lock out may be going bad, when getting hot. When the hydraulic functions lock back up, you could test for voltage at the solenoid and see if there is power there with the unlock switch but like Simon said, we really have no idea, what you are exactly talking about here. Could very well be that a safety lockout is not staying made, also.

  4. #4Simon C2025-03-13 10:06

    I work on all kinds also. If after trying to get 1 free I get the cheap farmer to buy one for a fraction of the cost of time wasted in labour. I remind them that I can buy and keep it if they will just lose it. Some have told me that I should have 500 different manuals, I remind them to just try to remember to grease the machine once a year as some can't even do that. Some are great, some are great in their minds. Simon C

  5. #5charc2025-03-13 10:56

    Ya i thought bout that but we just replaced a couple of the lockout solenoids not long ago and bypassed one. Its been working fine for several yrs with the one bypassed. But ill look into that and see its hard to operate it and get it to do it then check all that. Lol thank u

  6. #6HarleyHappy2025-03-14 07:59

    Might wanna check the wiring where you bypassed them then. Good luck. What good is a manual if the shade trees are just gonna bypass and change wiring. Some days, I hate working on other peoples stuff.

  7. #7charc2025-03-15 09:41

    I did check it. And fyi, a manual and schematics are still very usefull because everything is still exactly as in manual except a jumper. So snyde comments aside, thank u for your help. Its a farm skidsteer and when needed it cant be down. So i get em going so they can keep running. We dont have the option of calling techs out or taking it to them. We are kn the middle of no where. So if it can be got running any way possible that happens.

  8. #8HarleyHappy2025-03-15 10:51

    I was not being snide and if you thought I was, I apologize. I fully understand having to get stuff working, right now. Problem is, if it isn’t factory and changed but not logged anywhere, whomever works on it next, is in for more work.

  9. #9charc2025-03-15 13:47

    Its just me as mechanic. I apologize for takin it that way. And its just the one jumper. I know what you mean by gettin ahold of something someone else has messed with, i get it all the time with vehicles and atvs. Im still tryin to figure out the bobcat though.

  10. #10charc2025-03-19 14:32

    Serial number of bobcat is 512261290. Dont know if this will help but. Maybe

  11. #11HarleyHappy2025-03-19 21:26

    It still sounds like a lock out solenoid is energizing at the switch and overheating and dropping the magnetization, dropping spool valve. I understand that a couple have been replaced and one bypassed but stuff goes bad all the time.

  12. #12ozarkag2025-03-19 22:45

    Is this a G series Machine? if so, will have an error code. Pressure and hold light button. Will show active codes in hour meter.

  13. #13charc2025-03-20 10:26

    How do i know if its a G series?

  14. #14charc2025-03-20 10:27

    Do u know test procedure and what theh should read?

  15. #15ozarkag2025-03-20 14:35

    G series has triangle headlights and interior dash panels. Per serial yours is G series. After it locks up, (probably hear 3 beeps) press and hold the light button. The code (active codes only) will display in the hour meter screen. Format is as an example; 17-05, or 32-36, or 38-67. See attached codes list. Search the forum for your code number then.

  16. #16charc2025-03-20 21:39

    I will try that, i dont remember it havin triangle lights? And dash, it has on left upper the buttons and key

  17. #17ozarkag2025-03-21 09:12

    Ah, my mistake. I believe with the key on the left panel it will be an older machine. @crewchief888 would have a better idea. Hopefully he see this. Let me back up and get a few more details. You mentioned a green light indicator. Where is it located? Also, is this a mechanical foot control only machine?

  18. #18charc2025-03-21 13:36

    The boom and bucket are foot controlled only, the green light is on a button that as soon as you start machine u have to push it to unlock boom and bucket, but then when it stops working that light stays on. I will try to get some pics of it .later if i get over there

  19. #19charc2025-03-25 18:22

    Yes 3 beeps and its locked, codes are 09-21 and 15-03.

  20. #20charc2025-03-25 18:23

    And 18-06

  21. #21charc2025-03-25 18:39

    Ok start machine, lower seat bar and seat bar light comes on. Press operate loader and all lights come on but the traction loght blinks, it operates fine till the 3 beeps and traction light keeps blinking? And on rt side by key the diamknd light with exclamation point in it comes on. I shut machine off and restart and it works till 3 beeps.

  22. #22ozarkag2025-03-25 19:53

    Ah 18-06 is the culprit. Spool lock solenoid short to ground. This is one of 2 pin lock solenoids that physically lock the pedals. Located on the front of valve body. Will need to lift cab to access.

  23. #23charc2025-03-25 21:32

    Ok i have cab lifted. Theres 1 solenoid in middle and two on right side of skid steer.

  24. #24charc2025-03-28 21:29

    Does anyone know which is the spool lock solenoid?? I guess ill just test all 3

  25. #25ozarkag2025-03-28 21:44

    There will be 2, one on each spool just behind where the linkage from the pedals attaches.

  26. #26ozarkag2025-03-28 21:45

    A good reading is approx 7 to 12 ohms. I do not have the actual spec tho.

  27. #27charc2025-03-29 08:55

    Thank u very much! Really appreciate the help

  28. #28charc2025-03-29 16:48

    Ok i ohmed both solenoid coils and they both read 3.5-3.7? And i can never get 10 volts at them when tilt and lift are operating or when they are not? And i can never get any metal to stick to them when lifts working?

  29. #29charc2025-03-29 16:49

    The tags on their wire says for 10 volt coil, for proportional control only?

  30. #30charc2025-03-29 17:30

    The 2 coils on right side of machine under seat behind right lever never get magnetized ever? Whether lift and bucket is working or not? I cleaned all fuses and the relays and it worked for alot longer but did eventually come on with a 18-06 code? Which is short in solenoid circut? I have traced wire harness and found nothing bad? Tested coils and they both read 3.5-3.7 ohms? I start machine, push operate loader button, get 3 beeps and the traction button light starts blinking? Machine works alot longer now after cleaning all fuses but still beeps 3 times and locks after a minute or so?

  31. #31charc2025-03-29 17:32

    Just found out when i shut machine off but turn key on, a bit latr the lock comes on and blinks 18-06 even when loaders not running?

  32. #32Simon C2025-03-29 18:35

    Ohm meter test may not reveal if the coil is grounding out once warming up. Use some remote power to test and see how much they draw. May need to run the power through a resistor first to lower the voltage. Not sure if battery voltage would damage them or not. Simon C

  33. #33ozarkag2025-03-29 18:55

    These are for the aux hydraulic control. The spool lock solenoids are on the front of the valve where the linkage from the pedals attaches

  34. #34charc2025-03-29 23:43

    Found em, and i think the top one is bad because the connector has been hot and melted, so i ordered a new one. Ill update soon as i get it, thank u for all the help.

  35. #35charc2025-04-12 10:05

    Thank you all who responded on this, turns out it was the spool lock solenoid, new one fixed it. Finally. Thank you very much