Hi Everyone, First time poster, long time reader. I have a 1996 or 1998 763 and after doing some bending on the lap bar piping to fix it scrapping against my cab window frame I lowered the lap bar , started the machine and could not get it to drive and the loader would not move. I raised and lowered the lap bar a number of times and still could not get it to move. I then raised the lap bar and with my hands I pushed down hard on the 2 white nylon pads (the ones the lap bar presses down on) to bottom them out. Then I lowered the lap bar again and the machine would operate just fine. I repeated the whole process many times trying to see why this would make a difference but am coming up with nothing. I do not see any electronic sensors down toward the bottom of those arms that would not be making contact. Every time I raise the lap bar I need to manually push those white pads down to get the machine to move or operate the boom. Any help here would be much appreciated. Thank you
Welcome to HEF crfraider. :drinkup If you have those white plastic blocks that contact the seat bar then it's either a 763 C series or 763 F series. Depressing those blocks only unlock the foot pedals, they don't unlock the drive parking brake or lift/tilt lock valve, that's done by a seat sensor (if equipped) or by lap bar sensor. The lap bar sensor should be located on the left side (sitting in seat) at the point where lap bar pivots.
You are correct, it is a C model. I had noticed the same thing as far as the white pads only releasing the loader controls. Based on what you had said I suspect I should be looking at the sensor on the left for the lap bar pivot or the seat sensor if equiped?
I'm not sure what year model they quit using the seat sensor, but easy enough to tell, simply raise the cab and if it has the seat sensor you'll see the wiring going under where the seat is mounted in the cab. Suspect the lap bar sensor? Makes sense. To break down your post, you tweaked the seat bar to make it stop rubbing the cab as you lower and raise the seat bar. It's safe to assume you didn't have this problem until you tweaked the seat bar, at least, you made no mention of this problem prior to this. But since you made this adjustment to the seat bar you now have the problem. Nothing is for certain, but it sure sounds like you've moved the position of the seat bar so it no longer works the sensor the way it did previously. At least I hope that's what it is, otherwise we're back to the drawing board.
I will check this out today and keep you posted. One other questions I had about the seat bar sensor. Would this sensor explain the inability to drive the machine as well as not be able to operate the bucket/boom? From my reading it seems these different sensors and switches seem to control one or the other. Just trying to cover all bases. Thank you for your help.
The manual I have is for 763 F series, later model, but I'm near certain the C series used the solenoid parking brake and the lift/tilt lock valves like the F. The seat bar switch controls both drive and lift functions, lock or unlock them depending on seat bar up or down.
Double check your parking brake also.... I have a 763 and in cold temp's when you take the brake off it still doesn't release it.