Some years back I had the PCM on my 01 763G go out and I had it replaced by the dealer. Since I hardly ever used the aux. hydraulics at the time, I never thought anything about it. Then the time came recently to use them with an attachment, and they wont come on. Since it was a rented attachment, when I returned it to the dealer locally I informed them of the pcm replacement and asked if they thought it could just be a lack of programming and if a reflash would cure it. They told it it shouldnt have anything to do with that. So this led me to check other things and I found that my bucket positioning/leveling isnt working either. I know for a fact that it worked before the pcm replacement. I have a factory service manual, but I havent taken the time to go through it yet to see if there is a way to test any of these issues. Trying to get some thoughts before I just take it in and have it diagnosed.
Both front aux and bucket positioning would be items which would need to be turned on when replacing a controller in your machine. If the problem is in fact that they are not turn, on your dealer should be able to tell you in a short amount of time by hooking up their laptop and seeing if those options are check off. Very possible that they did miss it if they are saying it has nothing to do with it.
early g series would have to have both options turned on via the dealers service software. :drinkup
Thanks guys. I figured it was a programming issue but I just dont have alot of experience working on these, which I guess is good because it shows how reliable they are . Guess I'll call Bobcat of Houston (not the dealer who installed the PCM) and see what they'll charge me to diagnose/double check the issue.
Just thought I'd update this. I picked up a couple jobs that I have to have my aux. hydraulics, so I called the dealer and he said they were only a day or so back on stuff so get it in and they'd diagnose it. So I decided it'd been awhile since I gave it a good cleaning under the cab. So after a wash/degrease/rinse, I dried everything off and checked all the connections and solenoids, it started to rain on me so I put it up. I was going to take it in 1st thing this morning, but I had to take my wife to the airport so I spent the morning with her instead and decided to take it in 1st thing tomorrow. Went to load up this afternoon, and for the hell of it I reached up and hit the bucket positioning button and it came on. Double checked it, triple checked it...it works. Checked the aux. and the lights are coming on, but I dont have an attachment to verify they're working, but Im gonna assume they do. Feel like I got pretty lucky on this. Didnt have to waste time and fuel taking it in, and get to start the jobs sooner, if they rain will let up and it can dry out. Maybe my machine was just mad at me for not giving it a thorough cleaning for so long .