Fuel guage 1997 bobcat 763c. The fuel gauge does operate (not properly) but the needle seems to bounce/vibrate when operating. It's not reading accurately. Likely the sending unit? If so, couldn't find a thread with issue but I know it has to be common.
mine does the same thing I think its normal since the fuel is moving around when using the machine
A typical sending unit is rheostat/variable resistor. You can check the gauge by grounding the wire at the sending unit. The gauge should go to full and stay there. If it still bounces around then you can try to track that or live with it. Disconnect the wire and the gauge shouldn't move/stay at empty. An old sending unit can wear out, the little arm loses springiness, rubs the wires, gets varnish built up, etc. So the sending unit can easily cause this.
Had a poor connection at the sending unit connector. Shifted the harness when I was removing hydraulic reservoir today and it momentarily quite bouncing. Cleaned connector and relieved the strain on harness. Thanks for the advise.