Bobcat 763 coolant in oil Hey guys I need some advice. I picked up a bobcat 763 with the kubota v2203e today for 2,500 the guy said it needed motor work and the motor knocks. I have not started it I found right away all the coolant drained down into the oil and I drained that out. What's my next step I do not have any idea how long it was like this or if there is any other damage done to the motor? New motor or full rebuild possibly just a head and or head gasket? Are these kubota motors known for bad heads or head gasket failure? The loader has 8,000 hours any help would be great thanks
I haven't heard much bad about Kubotas, but that doesn't mean they all go past 8,000 hours. You could try pulling the head, looking at the head gasket for obvious failures, testing the head, and maybe putting it back together. You can always pull the block out by itself and keep pulling it apart depending on what you find. Probably not too hard to find a used one either, those might have been used in reefers that are being upgraded for emissions reasons.
Thanks for the reply. If anyone has a motor laying around pm me and maybe I'll go that route even if it's just for spare parts I have started the tear down to take a look inside hope all goes well
Well, I guess I'm a little late for the party, but you said you just picked this thing up, which I assume you haven't really ran it and used it much. Given you haven't had it long enough to know much about it I would have dumped the oil and put in some fresh oil and ran it for a bit so I could monitor how quickly the coolant gets in the oil as well as how well the engine runs, also to check out other machine functions, systems and components in case you find other problems as well. And you may have got a little more insight on where to look for the coolant entrance.
Excellent points Willie, I blew it on that one. Use rain water or distilled water if you do run it. No use adding expensive glycol to the oil.
typically, kubota engine problems are traced back to one cause, Overheating sometimes the head gasket lets go, but more often than not the head is cracked in one or more places. clean the head surface and look closely between the injector hole and the valve seats, cracks are usually visible to the naked eye in the proper light. :drinkup
If it's knocking it probably needs the whole shebang...
Uhhh bad news guys found a pistion disconned from the connecting rod block is badly damaged unrepairable!! I'm now looking for a kubota v2203 - e
Sorry to hear the bad news. Try looking online. ebay, searchtempest, adhuntr. You can find good deals on the popular v2203. Good luck. SimS