Can someone tell me how to drain the fuel from my bobcat? I'm not sure but I think I may have water in the fuel or something clogging the line. I don't have a fuel cap, but it has been gone since about fall of last year. it has been running fine without it. I was doing a driveway job a week ago and it was running like a champ, then died like it was out of fuel. It would start but only run a few seconds then die. I added about 4 gallon of fuel. it started ran about a minute then died. I put a new fuel filter on. I filled the filter with fuel then installed it. I started it and it ran about 7 minutes till the filter was empty. Any information will be genuinely appreciated. Thanks in Advance Diana
Welcome to HEF she does that. :drinkup Is it a 773 G Series? If the engine dies and you find the fuel filter empty, is the primer bulb sucked flat at that point? If so you likely have a restriction of the pick up tube inside the tank. If the fuel filter is empty but primer bulb is not flat, likely have a failure of pick up tube inside tank. Both are common Bobcat problems. In either case, doesn't sound like water in the fuel is your problem if filter is empty. Here's a thread that might help > HeavyEquipmentForums
Thank You! The primer bulb wasn't sucked in. It was just plain empty. All the line are empty. Can you give me any tips on checking/changing the pick up tube? I will check the link as well.
Pulling the pick up tube on a Bobcat is typically a cuss fest. If it's a G series with tank under engine, the first thing you have to do is locate where is goes into the tank. Then you have to verify you've located the pick up tube fitting and not the return line fitting. Once you've done this it's simply a matter of pulling the pick up out of the tank, as if the word simply and Bobcat can even be used in the same sentence. The link I provided will give you more info.
My 773 F-series was a lot easier than the one in that tutorial. I remember it well, cause I was finishing it up at 0-dark thirty and had a headlamp on. I was laying over in the machine, when I heard a God awful scream. I hit every protruding bolt exiting the machine, turned around, and not 30 feet from me was a Real bobcat staring right at me. I, only, shudder what it was thinking while looking at my sit-upon. Yep, I'll never forget that moment.
Can you blow air back up the line, could just be plugged. Just a quick check/fix, the line in the tank may be plugged, I've had it happen on a tractor , it got me going but I had to drain and clean the tank in the end. Paul
If it has the rigid poly tube inside the tank you could. If it has the flexible tube with the check valve on the end you can't. Problem is you don't/won't know what you have until you pull the pick up tube out of the tank. If it has the flexible tube with the check valve and you blow air through it, you're going to be pulling the pick up tube anyway because you'll pop the tube off of the elbow fitting from the air pressure.
Good new! I took out 2 bolts on the cab and it lifted right up, surprise surprise, there was the pick up du hicky. It looked rough. I changed the tube and added a filter on the end. I lubed up the gromet and chenged the bulb. I replaced the fuel lines with the extra hose left and the worn ends off the rest and reclamped them. Thanks one more time lol for your help! Diana