Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 773 bogs down when I try to run the controls at the same time

joe1155 ยท 2014-07-16 16:27

Hi all I am running a bobcat 773 and when I work both hand controls at the same time to raise and dump or lower and roll back the machine bogs down real bad. I have checked everything that I can think of would any of you guys know what to do. Thanks, Joe

Replies11
  1. #1lantraxco2014-07-16 17:13

    Is this something new, just started happening suddenly? Does it lack power on the drive also, or just when using the loader hydraulics?

  2. #2joe11552014-07-16 18:26

    It started yesterday and if I try to run full bore with it it will bog down. Also if I try to roll in the bucket while I am lowering the arms and backing up at the same time.

  3. #3lantraxco2014-07-16 18:37

    First guess it's starving for fuel. Have you checked the lines, tried running with the fuel cap loose, in case it's not venting properly, maybe changed out the fuel filters? If it has a plastic tank I think the tubes inside the tank are replaceable also. Could have gotten something in the tank that's sucked up into the pickup... Maybe Willie59 will chime in here, he's a bobkitty dude.

  4. #4joe11552014-07-16 18:40

    I haven't checked any of the lines yet my boss told me this also happened a year ago and it was a hydraulic pump.

  5. #5crewchief8882014-07-16 19:42

    when the engine starts lugging down, open the tailgate, and check the primer bulb, if it's collasped, loosen the fuel cap and see what happens. if the primer stays collasped with the cap open, the screen/check valve in the tank is plugged up. find willie59's thread on replacing the pickup line if the primer bulb isnt collasped, remove and check the fuel filter for debris, since it's already off, replace it. :drinkup

  6. #6lantraxco2014-07-16 19:49

    LOL, there ya go. Simple direct and to the point :notworthy

  7. #7crewchief8882014-07-16 20:02

    :beatsme i deal with it every day... it's only the 1st 1000 or so that are hard to diagnose & fix, they get a lot easier after that :drinkup

  8. #8willie592014-07-16 21:05

    Yep, I do get the pleasure of working on one of them on occasion Lantraxco, but I extend my condolences to crewchief as he has to deal with the little critters daily.

  9. #9Swannny2014-07-16 21:29

    check the belt on the left side of the motor down low that runs the hydro pump to see if it's loose. I bet it is.

  10. #10lantraxco2014-07-16 21:43

    Well, back when I had the pleasure they were still V4H Wisconsins, Kohlers, and Deutz diesels all air cooled, LOL!

  11. #11crewchief8882014-07-17 17:10

    tyt ty ty i started working on them back in the mid 80's, we still had a LOT of air cooled machines running around. we just dont see many of them anymore, not they arent out there still, but with labor rates over the $100/hr mark, a small landowner/homeowner just cant afford us to come out :drinkup