Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 773 with Kubota v2203 engine …. Installing a block heater….

apehf · 2019-11-20 18:31

Howdy!! I am planning on installing a block heater on my 773 and would like some assistance/coaching as to how to proceed. I have a Philiiips &Temco 3100025 block heater. So where do I install it on the block? Thank you in advance for your help!!!

Replies6
  1. #1Delmer2019-11-20 20:34

    Install in back of head. Point element 2 o’clock from page 66: https://phillipsandtemro.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/2016-Zerostart-Catalog.pdf I assume they mean the back of the cylinder head on the engine, sometimes it's better to explain it right up front

  2. #2Delmer2019-11-21 02:06

    I woke up in a cold sweat because I forgot to tell you: point the element a little to the right of straight up, so the metal doesn't touch metal. And hurry, it looks like you're five minutes too late already!

  3. #3apehf2019-11-21 07:17

    Thanks Delmer! Anybody got a picture of this " back of head" freeze plug???

  4. #4sims2019-11-23 07:48

    Try this: http://assets.suredone.com/1727/med...203-tier-1-cylinder-head-bobcat-6655153-3.jpg SimS

  5. #5apehf2019-11-26 08:15

    So I found a good picture I think...

  6. #6DIYDAVE2019-11-26 21:06

    Sometimes the location can be a bear, to get the old FP out, specially if there is a firewall, in the way... I remember on one, I drilled a hole, to get the bar of a slide hammer in, then used a drill, to drill a small hole, in the FP, and put the screw, of the dent puller in the hole, screwed it in, and yanked the FP out, with the dent puller/slide hammer...