I purchased a used Bobcat 773G and am having issues with the front aux hydraulics. I have a known good hydraulic motor hooked to the front connectors. I push the button on the upper left panel to engage the aux hydraulics and the light comes on like it's supposed to. When I pull the front trigger on the right stick the motor starts turning at a fixed constant speed. When I pull the trigger again it stops. None of the other switches on the right handle do anything. When I pull or push any of the triggers or switches on the left handle nothing at all. Any ideas? Thanks for any help
the only other switch on the RH handle that should do anything is the thumb paddle. it is a PWM switch that gives variable speed ad also reverses the direction of flow depending on what way it's activated. :drinkup
So the thumb switch on the back of the right handle is supposed to reverse it. I guess I'll have to open the handle and check for broken wires. I'm assuming if it's working at all it's not a fuse?
there are no servicable parts in the handle. PWM switch is on the 8v supply curcuit, that also powers the seat bar, hyd, and engine senders. you could look around harness connector where it come out of the bottom of the handle for broken/corroded wiring. when you try using the paddle switch are you getting any fault codes? :drinkup
No codes at all. Just nothing happens. The computer board was just replaced on this machine also, was there something that was supposed to be programmed on the board for this to work properly? Figured there wasn't anything serviceable on it. Looks like it's been sealed pretty tight.
it's possible that the aux function isnt activated in the bobcat controller. :drinkup
I thought of that but the the light comes on when I push the button on the dash and if I pull the trigger on the right handle it goes into continuous flow immediately. I didn't get an operators manual with the bobcat but from what I've read I should just be able to push the aux controls button on the dash and then using the paddle switch on the back I should be able to operate in either direction. Am I missing a step? There are a lot of buttons and switches on the back of the handles. Not sure if any of the others have a use.
you arent missing a step. you mentioned "The computer board was just replaced on this machine also, was there something that was supposed to be programmed on the board for this to work properly?" some of them need the front aux turn on with service software. :drinkup
parhunter, did you come up with a fix for your bobcat, i understand this was a few years ago, maybe you remember what it was. I have a 773G showing the same symptoms.