Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 773G Fan Belt Tensioner

JonnyRed ยท 2019-10-24 06:19

trying to get new tensioner installed and having a hard time getting the tension spring ends into their respective pockets (one end in tensioner, one end in engine block) all while trying to start the bolt that holds the assembly to the block. Any tips, tricks or thoughts on the most effective way to get this done? Thanks

Replies1
  1. #1JonnyRed2019-10-24 15:58

    Just in case anyone has similar difficulties in getting this put back on. I was successful by removing the pulley assembly from the tensioner arm, setting one of the spring arms into the recess in the block, starting the mounting bolt into the block, then prying up with a flat blad screwdriver on the other spring arm until I could align it with the recess in the tensioner arm. Tighten down and reattach the pulley assembly. Done! I only cut my hand twice and lost a couple of hours of my life that I'll bever get back.