Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 843; Breaker Attachment?

Flat Thunder Channel ยท 2020-06-16 00:21

I just started looking for a used hydraulic breaker attachment. Does anyone have any incite on using a breaker on an 843 Bobcat? I have not verified the auxiliary hydraulics will operate one. What do you look for when purchasing one?

Replies4
  1. #1Flat Thunder Channel2020-06-17 18:08

    Anyone have experience trying to operate a HB980 on an old 843 Bobcat?

  2. #2Flat Thunder Channel2020-07-01 17:43

    Yesterday I completed the review of the electric jackhammer. If you have some concrete to demo check out this video first. It shows what to expect when using a an electric jackhammer. I purchased this tool from Amazon and I am happy to have it my arsenal of tools. It sure beats a sledgehammer and was less than a rental fee. It definitely isn't as fast or as convenient as a hammer on the end of the Bobcat, but it does work pretty good. I was afraid my unit would not operate an HB980 without monkeying with it. I opted to purchase this electric handheld unit instead; Toolman Part # LT5105. Check out the video review and see it in action:

  3. #3gwhammy2020-10-25 19:27

    I bought a used atlas copco from united rental. I used one of them a lot from a small rental company that had the bit completely wore out and they never had any trouble with it. Don't buy a bobcat brand no one I know has had good luck with them.

  4. #4Flat Thunder Channel2020-10-26 07:07

    Thanks. I debated renting one for my unit, but ended up using the little electric guy. It was cheaper than renting a unit. It felt like it took an eternity, but I was able to complete the job with the one I purchased. Hoping I never encounter 'John Wayne Tough' concrete again. The old foundation was serious stuff! It laughed at a blow from the sledge hammer.