I have an old 843 I use at home. I cannot put the boom lift into the float position. I have checked the linkage and found that there is a large amount of play in the bearing of the cross lever, (item 17 in the drawing). I have recently had the valve block out and replaced all the seals and detent balls and springs, but even with mirrors could not see much of the pivot. Has anyone changed this pivot bearing? Do the pumps have to be removed and is the head of the bolt in the chain case? Does this mean the hydrostatic motor and reduction box needs to be removed. Thank you in advance for all advice offer. Paul
i cant recall if theres a welded stud that the linkage pivots or, or if theres a bolt coming from inside the chaincase. it would probably be easiest to remove the hyd pump, front mount, and steering linkage, and front sheetmetal, raise the pump up as high as you can, and remove the center chaincase cover and brake assembly
Thanks Crewchief. That is what I was hoping not to do. The parts book shows a bolt coming up from below. I will have to get onto it sometime soon. Paul