Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 863/Deutz flywheel ring gear

TALLRICK ยท 2009-03-14 15:28

Does anyone know if this is unique to the Bobcat or a Deutz part? Mine is chewed up probably from a bad starter, and I am not going to subject my new starter to damage from it. Instead of having to weld and file the old one, where can I get a good one and not pay more than the machine is worth?

Replies8
  1. #1bill onthehill2009-03-14 17:37

    Try a Gehl dealer. they use a lot of deutz in Gehls. Might find a parts machine or one that burned up.

  2. #2willie592009-03-14 19:07

    Are you talking about the ring gear or the flywheel? I don't know what the Deutz part costs, but just a ring gear is usually not terribly expensive. Or is yours a flywheel that doesn't have a removable ring gear and you have to replace the flywheel.

  3. #3TALLRICK2009-03-14 19:27

    It is just the ring gear, I already separated it from the flywheel. I could simply turn it around but I would prefer a new one. Good idea about the Gehl, I forgot they also have Deutz engines.

  4. #4willie592009-03-14 19:48

    Have you searched for a Deutz parts supplier online? I have it kinda lucky and have an injection shop just a mile from me who is a Deutz parts supplier. How much does Bobcat want for a ring gear?

  5. #5TALLRICK2009-03-14 20:39

    I have not asked the Bobcat dealer yet. Online I cannot find any parts suppliers for Deutz with online pricing or part numbers. Most have a useless web page with an e-mail to ask for parts in the stone age way.

  6. #6willie592009-03-14 21:05

    Hey, I hear ya'! Drives me crazy too when people use the modern technology of the internet simply as some kind of archaic worldwide phone book!

  7. #7TALLRICK2009-03-14 21:34

    In the last few months I have been seriously thinking of starting my own website selling cheap Chinese replacement parts for the small Diesel engines. The extreme lack of data and the high priced "factory authorized" parts are OK for those with warranty repairs and in critical business but there really is a need for low cost parts for older machines. Sort of like a discounted auto parts store, but for small equipment.

  8. #8willie592009-03-14 22:17

    TALLRICK, I went to the Deutz USA website and clicked on distributor network, I saw quite a few distributors in Florida.