I had a Bobcat 863 sitting for 3 years. Oil level was high but did not smell like diesel and was not milky. Just smelled like burnt oil. I ran it, like an idiot, before changing any filters and oil. Just needed to move it a couple hundred yards. It smoked quite a bit and had pretty low power. After running it for about 15 minutes or so it lost all power and just limped along. It would die if trying to move and raise the bucket at the same time. Moving the throttle had zero response. Here are the things I have done: 1. Changed the oil and filter 2. Changed fuel filter 3. Checked injectors by cracking them to see if the engine bogged (injector #3 had no response when cracking it open but did have fuel) a. I am going to swap it for a known good injector to see if it is a bad injector or cylinder 4. I disconnected the fuel linkage and tried to rev the engine by hand, no response 5. Squeezed the primer bulb while engine was running, no response. 6. Checked for a seized fuel rail/rack by removing one of the injector pumps. Rail moved freely back and forth. Any other tips to check for would be greatly appreciated.
Do you have a shop overhaul manual. You removed an injection pump, have you reinstalled. Post a picture of your fuel injection pump and filters to get more comments coming from those who have worked lots on them or own one. Did you get rid of the old fuel, did you clean any banjo bolts if it has any with filters inside that are plugged. Did you test for transfer pump pressure, does it have a transfer pump with internal screen plugged off. Sounds like the machine is not getting fuel or tell us more. Simon C
Yes I do. I have not reinstalled the injection pump. It has a fuel pump and I have not checked the pressure on it. I would have thought that squeezing the primer bulb would get a response from the engine if the the fuel pump was weak. Good flow coming from the return line, especially when squeezing the primer bulb. Should the fuel rail/rack move when manipulating the throttle or is there some type of governor that the throttle is connected to that? Thanks for following up with me.