I don't have a lot of hours operating skid steers of any make, but at the facility I'm working at this winter, they have a Bobcat 863 that has some issues with the steering, amongst other things. When I push the hand controls forward, all the way, the machine will veer off to one side or the other, then abruptly steer to the other direction. Does the same thing in reverse. It gets worse if your trying to grade, or push into a pile. Is this a sign of something failing? or of something out of adjustment?
Will it hold neutral? Or does it creep in random different directions when you have your hands off the sticks?
No, it won't hold neutral. You have to work the controls to find a spot where it won't move. It fights the safety and trys to move when the lap bar is up. You want to be in the machine when the engine is running, or it will start creeping away. Never in the same direction. The hour meter says 4300ish hours. To me I think it looks like the machine has either been rolled back or the meter has gone around once. It's in rough shape
Most likely cause is one or both pintle arms are loose on the pump control shafts, common problem. > HeavyEquipmentForums
Thanks