anyone know how to bypass the traction lock solonoid? What is happening is when ever i hit a hard bump or throttle to high it seems to lockup the wheels. the seat bar shows to be working and when i move the wiring harness or shut the machine off and then on again it will work for a few minutes. I will search for bad connections today. but i want to buypass these safty devices. $425.00 for a solonoid is outragous. Thanks Wayne
Is your machine a G-series (triangle headlights) or an F-series (rectangle headlights)? Also, is anything else locking up at the same time, or just the brakes?
It's an F series machine. When I look at the BICS system it sometimes has a valve light flashing. Thanks Wayne
You can take the rod out of the solenoid as someone did to mine. However, that means the machine could move if not properly parked. I have even seen machines with the solenoid completely removed and the hole covered with a homemade metal plate.
yea tallrick is right my father has one and his brother covered his up with a metal plate. but like he said mke sure you park it correctly bc it will move if not lol. have a good one
Hey I just went through this with my 753. The solenoid was only 125CDN cant see why it would be any different for the 863. In order to get at it, you have to flip the cab and you'll see it directly under the seat. 2 bolts and a connector and its out, you'll also have to remove the steering linkages to get at it. While your at it, Id fool the seat sensor so you can eliminate it, kinda useless anyways.
I have a 763 F and I have found that the plates that seal the top of the center channel of the chassis (the part that runs between your legs and goes under the seat (you need to raise the cab to get to it)) and that the solenoid is connected to, the bolts will get loose and cause the release to not function properly. Once the plates are tightened down again, the system works normally for me, hope this helps.
I have a similar problem with th BICS on a 763. The machine starts fine. After the traction override button is pushed the traditional "clunk" is heard. As soon as the right hand control is moved (AHC) to activate the tilt control the valve control light for tilt and lift on the BISC turns off and all control movement is halted. The machine can still drive but no movement of the bucket lift or tilt is allowed. Something to do with the right hand control grounding something out? All replies are appreciated. Thanks
its either a hand sensor wire rubbed or a actuator on the control valve bad look where the wires come out of the handle under the cab they rub there where the handle moves on the top side for rubs there and all the way to the harness on the actuator for possible shorts also unlock the controls and move the harness back and forth like you are trying to break it to see if its a broken wire inside the insulation of the wire
I have a Bobcat 863. My Right joystick maneuvers correctly but Left joystick does not have power. Do you have a solution to this problem? Any help is greatly appreciated.
How did you determine that it does not have power? I am not an expert, nor an experienced mechanic. I took all responses I received and tried to troubleshoot. I start with simple stuff first. When I had one not working, I lifted the cab and beat on the actuators. Seems as though it was sticking and causing the problem. If your lift/tilt safety mechanism does not throw then maybe it is something with the wiring to that handle. Someone mentioned there is a rubbing point that the wires wear. Good luck.
I’m having problems with 963 bobcat it want move and bucket want Move ether. Is this a problem anyone’s had before and what did you do to fix it.
did you check the drive belt?