This winter I had the prime bulb collapse during cold weather, 20degrees. I figured maybe fuel gelled so I warmed up a few gallons on a radiator and poured that in. Resolved the issue... Until it happened again the next time I ran the machine, this time at 60degrees, spring time. now I figured it’s probably a clogged pickup. So I used my air compressor to push whatever was at the end of the line out, However, I forgot to unscrew the fill cap. Pressure built up so when I removed the compressor nozzle fuel started squirting out. To avoid a giant fuel mess, I stuck the hose back on the end of the priming bulb, immediately could hear fuel moving up. I quickly ran around and opened the fill cap to relieve pressure. now I’m worried about starting the engine. Any thoughts?
Wait, What? Lol.
You did not flood the engine with fuel. Feel free to start the engine normally. Or feel free to turn it 360 by hand if you want to feel better before trying the starter.
If we’re talking about a diesel... It takes over 2000psi to open the injectors and “flood” the engine.. if it’s a gas engine, I’ll leave that to someone more knowledgeable.