I am currently experiencing electrical problems with my Bobcat 863G. I have listed the problems below along with various checks I have carried out. I’m hoping that somebody who has experienced similar problems and managed to sort them can assist me. 1. Switch ignition on: On right-hand side panel at ignition key: General warning light and Seatbelt light 2. Seat bar up: Seat bar light on bics gives two flashes and registers 11.05 fault (seat bar detects 12V when there should not be). 3. Lower seat bar: 11.05 fault is replaced by None or 12.23 fault (front aux pwm switch not calibrated) – varies. Seat bar warning light on the right-hand side panel on, which goes off after ± 30 seconds. 4. At this stage, all bics light are off and after a varying amount of time, the seat bar bics light goes on along with the solenoid to lift and tilt spools (audible click). 5. Press to operate button is pushed and bics tilt and lift light go on but traction stays off. 6. Bics light stays on for a while (except for traction) and tilt and lift function is operable. This lasts for about a minute and then light on bics go out along with solenoids to lift and tilt spools. What I have done to check for fault: 1. Replaced bar sensor with new part and checked wiring from sensor to controller. 2. Had Bobcat technician assess machine (encountered the same problems I had) at the time was unable to find the exact problem but suggested the services of an experienced electrical plant auto electrician. 3. Plant auto electrician examined the machine and eventually arrived at faulty heat sensor on engine – part was ordered and fitted – electrician seemed to believe this was causing the bics problems. At the time, heat gauge on panel was behaving abnormally and showed the engine to be overheating shortly after starting. Replacement of heat sensor sorted this problem out, but bics problem persisted. 4. I was also advised by the electrician to check the electrical harness in cab section for breaks and shorts. I removed the harness from the cab and checked the wiring with meter while physically moving harness to check for any break in continuity. Harness checked out fine and it was reinstalled. 5. Removed Bobcat controller from left-hand side panel of machine. Cleaned the pins and connectors with electrical contact cleaner (power off) and checked controller pins for signs of bent or corroded pins. Reassembled the harness to the controller. 6. Checked continuity of wires from seat bar sensor to controller with meter (3 wires). No problems found. Run test machine and same result as before.
All your sensors, seat bar switch, and RH PWM all work off the 8v sensor supply in the bobcat controller. If you are seeing 12v at any of them, my guess the bobcat controller is bad
Thank you for replying. I also thought the controller could be faulty, but I was hoping for a cheaper solution to the problem.