Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 864 looses auxilary pressure

Pineview ยท 2015-06-29 14:49

Hi all. This is my first post and unfortunately had to turn to the forum for some advise. So here's the issue ; I have hydraulic nursery tree forks and when I attempt to apply pressure to pick up the root ball the forks seem to loose pressure. If I continue to hold the micro switch I can keep a tight grip, as soon as I release the micro switch then the forks slowly start to loose pressure and open. Any advise would be greatly appreciated No apparent leaks No codes Full with fluid

Replies2
  1. #1DDoug2015-06-29 15:10

    I used to occasionally drive a forklift with a "squeeze/rollover" attachment, and it was really important NOT to loose squeeze pressure whilst doing the roll over operation. They had an accumulator on board, but also a hydraulic gage, and as things wore out, you could see the pressure dropping as the time went by, and you hoped the roll got done before you ran out of hyd pressure on the squeeze circuit. I would remove the attachment, and put a hyd gage on the quick coupler, pressurize and release, the button, and see if it holds or drifts down. If it holds, then your attachment probably has a leak down.

  2. #2Pineview2015-06-29 15:32

    Digger, Thanks for the speedy reply. Last season there was a flow test preformed on the machine by my dealer and there was no pressure loss. I was advised to replace the couplers on both ends, so I did .. No luck ... Possibly a sticky spool valve... Def not a cylinder issue with the forks, as it does it with my other set of forks for the 95xt Thanks again !!!