Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 864/T200 Drive motor Leaking

doming010 ยท 2010-04-03 16:38

I bought an 864/T200 track loader recently. I knew it leaked when I bought it and I intended on fixing it myself at my shop. I don't usually work on light/heavy equipment but anyway here I am. I removed the RH track and the drive motor shield. I noticed that the shield had been rubbing on the main drive hoses so I wondered if it may be a hose leaking instead of the motor. Started the machine and went forward and reverse with the Rh drive. Immediately saw fluid leaking from the front main drive hose. I removed the hold downs and the hose was cracked at the flange. Excited, I eagerly replaced the $193 hose and $3 o-ring. I replaced the stone inline filters and the spin on hydraulic filter. Filled at tested with no leaks. THOUGHT I scored big. I reassembled and set the track tension. Proceeded to move the machine off of my trailer and the Rh side didn't want to move. I held it forward for a few seconds at a time to purge it if necessary. After a few tries I hopped off the machine and found 5 gallons of hydraulic oil flowing down the trailer. It looks like it is coming from the face seal on the shaft right behind the sprocket flange/hub. I am thinking that the bearing is worn and when I put tension from the track it shifted the hub and magnified the leak. I would like to go in and replace the bearings but Bobcat is telling me that the seals needed for me to do this will be $950. Anyone have another idea or another source for the seals needed to disassemble, replace the bearings and reassemble. FYI my stone filters were very clean with nothing in them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :beatsme

Replies1
  1. #1bustedknuckle2010-04-04 13:50

    Check out your local independent hydraulic shops. We have one here that can go thru these motors, seals and bearings (lapping in the face seals) for around $600-700 dollars. Going to the dealership will just burn a hole in your wallet.