I have a bobcat 873 that keeps blowing the computer fuse. I was operation it and pushing brush, started backing up and it died. Tried starting and it turned over a couple times and then went completely dead. Started checking electrical and found blown fuse and also that the battery had a hole melted in the top. Replaced battery and now whenever I put a fuse in it pops it, key is off. It's obvious To me there is a dead short somewhere. Any ideas of where to start looking.
Disconnect the connectors on the controller, install another fuse and see if it blows. If it doesn't the controller is probably shorted internally, and needs replaced If it does blow, you probably have a short in the mainframe harness
Thanks, where is the controller located, could not find it in my manual. I saw somewhere on line that it was behind the seat.
I can't say for certain because I haven't worked on many 873 machines, but I know that's an early G series machine and on most G series machines the main controller was located behind the panel that's just to the left of your left foot if you're sitting in the cab. But again, I don't know the 873
Should be behind the panel by your left foot