Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 873 Aux. Hydraulic constantly on?

brettg319 ยท 2017-04-16 12:20

Just bought a 1998 873F with 350hrs but the machine has been sitting awhile. The machine bucket tilt and boom lowering were not working. After some checking I found one of the aux. hydraulic solenoids constantly has power to it. I unhooked the switch wires from the controls and the wires from the aux. button up by the hours meter and the solenoid still has power to it? If i unplug the solenoid the machine functions properly but without aux. If I switch the solenoid plug to the other solenoid it powers up and does the same thing. I'm confident the solenoids are both working and I pretty sure its has nothing to do with the controls because it does the same thing with controls unplugged. All the lights on BICS are on and not flashing. The LED light for the aux. button up top is flashing and does nothing when pushed. I believe the problem is in the ECU maybe a relay stuck on does this sound reasonable? Can I take the ECU to a Bobcat dealer for testing?

Replies1
  1. #1crewchief8882017-04-22 07:33

    if the aux lights are flashing count the flashes, and take a look in the operators manual, the flash codes may be listed in there. but it sounds like the aux module is bad.